Is repaglinide available without a prescription?

Repaglinide (brand name Prandin) is not available without a prescription, which means you cannot buy it over the counter. The advantage of taking a prescription medicine is that it ensures you'll see your doctor regularly, so he or she can make any necessary adjustments to your dose and answer any questions you may have.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...