Is Janumet safe for children?

The safety and efficacy of Janumet have not been established for use in persons under the age of 18. Because the safety and efficacy of Janumet have not been established for children, it is not recommended that children be prescribed this medication. Additionally, it is not known if Janumet will cause harm to an unborn baby if used by a woman during pregnancy. Janumet is classified by the FDA as a Class B drug, which means that it is not expected to cause harm to unborn children. Mothers who use Janumet during pregnancy can sign up for a Janumet pregnancy registry to track the long-term effects of Janumet on their children. The purpose of this registry is to assess whether long-term effects from Janumet use during pregnancy exist.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...