Is Janumet safe for children?

The safety and efficacy of Janumet have not been established for use in persons under the age of 18. Because the safety and efficacy of Janumet have not been established for children, it is not recommended that children be prescribed this medication. Additionally, it is not known if Janumet will cause harm to an unborn baby if used by a woman during pregnancy. Janumet is classified by the FDA as a Class B drug, which means that it is not expected to cause harm to unborn children. Mothers who use Janumet during pregnancy can sign up for a Janumet pregnancy registry to track the long-term effects of Janumet on their children. The purpose of this registry is to assess whether long-term effects from Janumet use during pregnancy exist.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how can i predict my body use of injected insulin ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
does levemir cure diabetes ?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
No, Levemir does not cure diabetes. However, Levemir is a type of insulin that is used to control an...
what are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors ?
Acarbose (Precose) and meglitol (Glyset) are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors. These drugs help the body...
how should i distribute my insulin throughout the day ?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...