Is Humalog Mix 50-50 a newer premixed insulin?

Yes, Humalog Mix 50/50 is a newer premixed insulin. It is the brand name for the 50%-50% combination of insulin lispro, plus insulin lispro protamine. This newer mixture combines 50 units of each insulin, insulin lispro (Humalog, fast-acting) and insulin lispro protamine (not available alone, intermediate-acting), in each ml. of the mixture. Talk to your doctor or healthcare provider about your condition and how premixed insulin may work for you.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...