Is Humalog Mix 50-50 a newer premixed insulin?

Yes, Humalog Mix 50/50 is a newer premixed insulin. It is the brand name for the 50%-50% combination of insulin lispro, plus insulin lispro protamine. This newer mixture combines 50 units of each insulin, insulin lispro (Humalog, fast-acting) and insulin lispro protamine (not available alone, intermediate-acting), in each ml. of the mixture. Talk to your doctor or healthcare provider about your condition and how premixed insulin may work for you.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
Does Levemir cure diabetes?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
No, Levemir does not cure diabetes. However, Levemir is a type of insulin that is used to control an...