Is there a generic version of repaglinide?

Currently, there is no generic version of the diabetes drug repaglinide. It is sold only under its brand name, Prandin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sulfonylureas are an effective treatment for type 2 diabetes. However, like most medication, they ha...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...