Is there a generic version of Glucotrol?

Glucotrol is the brand name for glipizide, a prescription drug used to treat type 2 diabetes. Many manufacturers make generic glipizide pills.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
Does Levemir cure diabetes?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
No, Levemir does not cure diabetes. However, Levemir is a type of insulin that is used to control an...