Is Avandamet safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?

Doctors don't know if Avandamet can harm a developing fetus or if the drug can be passed to a nursing infant through breast milk. You should discuss your Avandamet treatment with your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. Also, keep in mind that Avandamet can increase your chances of pregnancy, so you may wish to discuss birth control with your doctor as well.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...