Is Avandamet safe for pregnant or breast-feeding women?

Doctors don't know if Avandamet can harm a developing fetus or if the drug can be passed to a nursing infant through breast milk. You should discuss your Avandamet treatment with your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. Also, keep in mind that Avandamet can increase your chances of pregnancy, so you may wish to discuss birth control with your doctor as well.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...