How does insulin human interact with other drugs?

Insulin human works in combination with other diabetes medications to lower blood sugar levels. Your doctor will recommend specific food guidelines, including whether drinking alcoholic beverages is safe for you while taking insulin human. In addition, some drugs such as beta blockers, albuterol, clonidine, reserpine, and guanethidine are known to interact negatively with insulin human. Your doctor needs to know all the other medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements you take, to make sure they do not interact negatively when combined with insulin human.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...