What is insulin aspart (rDNA origin) injection?

Insulin aspart (rDNA origin) injection, sold under the brand name NovoLog, is used by people with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes to regulate blood glucose levels. It is classified as a rapid-acting type of insulin and is injected into the body. In diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin, which is a chemical needed to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Without adequate insulin, blood sugar can become dangerously high, so insulin aspart (rDNA origin) injection works to lower blood sugar in those who have diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...