What is insulin aspart (rDNA origin) injection?

Insulin aspart (rDNA origin) injection, sold under the brand name NovoLog, is used by people with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes to regulate blood glucose levels. It is classified as a rapid-acting type of insulin and is injected into the body. In diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin, which is a chemical needed to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Without adequate insulin, blood sugar can become dangerously high, so insulin aspart (rDNA origin) injection works to lower blood sugar in those who have diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...