If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Prandin?

Experts don't know whether it is safe to use the diabetes drug Prandin (repaglinide) while you're pregnant, so they say you should take it only if you have a real need for this specific drug. Animal studies suggest it may affect bone growth in a developing fetus.

It's important to keep your blood sugar at healthy levels during pregnancy, because it can harm a developing fetus if it gets too high or low. Many experts recommend that women who need medication to control their diabetes use insulin during their pregnancy to maintain blood glucose levels as close to normal as possible.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...