If I am pregnant, is it safe to use repaglinide and metformin?

If you're pregnant, it's important to talk with your doctor about the potential risks and benefits of taking the diabetes 2 drug repaglinide and metformin (PrandiMet). To date, no clinical trials have been conducted using the two drugs together. However, animal studies of repaglinide alone have found that the medication may have some negative effects on bone growth in developing fetuses.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
A new class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors help improve A1C without...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...