If I am pregnant, is it safe to use repaglinide and metformin?

If you're pregnant, it's important to talk with your doctor about the potential risks and benefits of taking the diabetes 2 drug repaglinide and metformin (PrandiMet). To date, no clinical trials have been conducted using the two drugs together. However, animal studies of repaglinide alone have found that the medication may have some negative effects on bone growth in developing fetuses.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...