If I am pregnant, is it safe to use miglitol?

Experts don't know if the diabetes drug miglitol (Glyset) is safe to use during pregnancy. It hasn't been well studied in pregnant women to see how it might affect a developing fetus. For that reason, you should take miglitol only if you have type 2 diabetes and your doctor feels that it's necessary for you to add this drug to your treatment plan. If you're planning to become pregnant or are pregnant, talk to your doctor about taking miglitol.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...