What happens if I miss a dose of glyburide?

It is very important to take glyburide exactly as prescribed. But if you don’t remember the skipped dose until it’s almost time to take the next one, just take it at the time you normally do. Do not “double up” on doses of glyburide to make up for the one you missed to avoid life-threatening hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should...