What happens if I miss a dose of Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

If you miss a dose of Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone), take it as soon as you remember. If you remember closer to the time of your next pill, skip the missed dose. Do not double the dose to compensate for the missed dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?