If I feel better do I have to keep taking Humulin R?

Humulin R, like every insulin product, is simply a part of a treatment plan to control your diabetes. There is no cure for diabetes at this time. If you are being careful about eating healthy foods and exercising regularly, you may begin to feel better. Even if you do think that your diabetes has improved, do not stop taking your prescribed amounts of insulin. Talk with your doctor or healthcare provider about your improvements and how you can have long-term success with diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...