If I feel better do I have to keep taking Humulin R?

Humulin R, like every insulin product, is simply a part of a treatment plan to control your diabetes. There is no cure for diabetes at this time. If you are being careful about eating healthy foods and exercising regularly, you may begin to feel better. Even if you do think that your diabetes has improved, do not stop taking your prescribed amounts of insulin. Talk with your doctor or healthcare provider about your improvements and how you can have long-term success with diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...