Is taking Actos (pioglitazone) alone enough to control my blood sugar?

No, Actos (pioglitazone) is prescribed as part of a diet and exercise plan in order to help you control your type 2 diabetes. It is prescribed when diet and exercise are no longer enough to control your blood sugar. This drug plus your meal plan will work together to help you control your diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...