How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?

Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration date, and do not use the drug if it has expired. Novolin R (for regular, fast-acting) should look clear with no color and flow like water; do not use it if it is cloudy, thick or colored, or if there are solid particles in the bottle.  Novolin N (for NPH, long-acting) or Novolin 70/30 (mixture of R and NPH) should look cloudy or milky after you gently shake it. If you see any clumps or white particles sticking to the bottom of the bottle, do not use it. Talk to your doctor about any concerns you have.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...