How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?

Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration date, and do not use the drug if it has expired. Novolin R (for regular, fast-acting) should look clear with no color and flow like water; do not use it if it is cloudy, thick or colored, or if there are solid particles in the bottle.  Novolin N (for NPH, long-acting) or Novolin 70/30 (mixture of R and NPH) should look cloudy or milky after you gently shake it. If you see any clumps or white particles sticking to the bottom of the bottle, do not use it. Talk to your doctor about any concerns you have.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...