How should I take miglitol?

You should take miglitol (Glyset) three times a day, at the beginning of each meal. Swallow your miglitol pill with your first bite.

Take the exact dose of miglitol your doctor prescribes for you. It's likely that in the beginning of treatment with miglitol, you'll take the lowest dose possible for awhile, to help prevent side effects from the drug. The most common side effects of miglitol include gas, diarrhea, stomach pain and a skin rash. As your body gets used to miglitol, your doctor will increase your dose until he or she finds the right one for you.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic