How should I take Amaryl?

You should take Amaryl (glimepiride) as prescribed by your doctor. This type 2 diabetes medication is a pill that is usually taken by mouth once a day with breakfast or the first meal of the day. Do not skip doses or take extra pills to make up for missed doses, and be sure to monitor your blood sugar levels closely.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...