How soon after starting Glucotrol will my symptoms improve?

The time it takes for your type 2 diabetes symptoms to improve after starting Glucotrol (glipizide) varies. Your doctor will likely see how you respond to a low dose of this drug before increasing your dose. It is important that you monitor your blood sugar levels as directed and continue to follow a healthy diet and exercise to get the most benefit from this drug.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...