How soon after taking Levemir will my symptoms improve?

Many different factors affect the levels of glucose in a person’s blood. Physical activity, diet, stress, illness, time of dosing, the amount of dosing, and even the temperature can all have an effect on blood sugar. Following your doctor's instructions regarding diet, dosing, and other lifestyle factors will help Levemir work best. Take this medication each day at the same time of the day as directed by your doctor. Levemir begins to work within a few hours of injection and stays in the system for about 24 hours.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...