How soon after taking Levemir will my symptoms improve?

Many different factors affect the levels of glucose in a person’s blood. Physical activity, diet, stress, illness, time of dosing, the amount of dosing, and even the temperature can all have an effect on blood sugar. Following your doctor's instructions regarding diet, dosing, and other lifestyle factors will help Levemir work best. Take this medication each day at the same time of the day as directed by your doctor. Levemir begins to work within a few hours of injection and stays in the system for about 24 hours.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...