How soon after starting Glyset will my symptoms improve?

After starting treatment with the diabetes drug Glyset (miglitol), you may notice that your symptoms improve fairly quickly. It's likely that your doctor will start you at a low dose, probably 25 milligrams (mg) three times a day, then increase the dose as needed over four to eight weeks. Once your blood tests show good results and as long as any side effects are under control, you'll likely stay at that dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...