How soon after starting Glyset will my symptoms improve?

After starting treatment with the diabetes drug Glyset (miglitol), you may notice that your symptoms improve fairly quickly. It's likely that your doctor will start you at a low dose, probably 25 milligrams (mg) three times a day, then increase the dose as needed over four to eight weeks. Once your blood tests show good results and as long as any side effects are under control, you'll likely stay at that dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...