How soon after starting Glyset will my symptoms improve?

After starting treatment with the diabetes drug Glyset (miglitol), you may notice that your symptoms improve fairly quickly. It's likely that your doctor will start you at a low dose, probably 25 milligrams (mg) three times a day, then increase the dose as needed over four to eight weeks. Once your blood tests show good results and as long as any side effects are under control, you'll likely stay at that dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...