How soon after starting Amaryl will my symptoms improve?

Generally, Amaryl (glimepiride) begins to improve symptoms of type 2 diabetes by lowering blood glucose (sugar) levels soon after you take the first pill. But you may respond differently to Amaryl than other people. Your response may also be different if you were taking another type 2 diabetes drug before starting to take Amaryl.

Your doctor will start you on a low dose to test how you respond to the drug and may increase your dose of Amaryl later. It is important that you monitor your blood sugar levels and watch for symptoms of side effects, such as dizziness, headache and nausea.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...