How should I take Janumet?

Janumet is an oral medication typically taken twice daily with food. You should take Janumet exactly as prescribed by your doctor and should not attempt to adjust your dosage without your doctor’s supervision. You should get your Janumet prescription refilled before you run out so that you do not risk missing a dose. Additionally, you should learn to monitor yourself for signs of low blood sugar and should have juice, glucose gel, milk, or candy on hand in case you have an episode of low blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors treat diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
A new class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors help improve A1C without...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...