How should I take Humalog?

Humalog can be used alone in an insulin pump. It can also be injected into the body either alone or in combination with regular insulin. It is generally injected under the skin a few minutes before eating, or directly after eating. Your doctor will explain how to use Humalog and give you specific guidelines for when to take it.  The color of the insulin should be clearl; do not use if it is cloudy or has particles in it. Never share your Humalog with someone else, even if you use different needles. There is a risk of transmitting bloodborne diseases if you share insulin vials. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...