How should I take Humalog?

Humalog can be used alone in an insulin pump. It can also be injected into the body either alone or in combination with regular insulin. It is generally injected under the skin a few minutes before eating, or directly after eating. Your doctor will explain how to use Humalog and give you specific guidelines for when to take it.  The color of the insulin should be clearl; do not use if it is cloudy or has particles in it. Never share your Humalog with someone else, even if you use different needles. There is a risk of transmitting bloodborne diseases if you share insulin vials. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...