How should I take Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone) should generally be taken orally once a day, unless your doctor prescribes otherwise. It can be taken with or without food, depending on your stomach's reaction to the medication. To ensure that your blood sugar level remains constant, try to take the drug at the same time every day; it is best to take it in the morning. Be sure to take the medication as prescribed by your doctor to get the full benefits.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...