How should I take Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone) should generally be taken orally once a day, unless your doctor prescribes otherwise. It can be taken with or without food, depending on your stomach's reaction to the medication. To ensure that your blood sugar level remains constant, try to take the drug at the same time every day; it is best to take it in the morning. Be sure to take the medication as prescribed by your doctor to get the full benefits.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how much insulin do i need per gram of carbohydrate ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
how do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes ?
The diabetes drug Prandin (repaglinide) works by stimulating the pancreas to release more insulin, a...
what are thiazolidinediones ?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
how does novolog flexpen treat diabetes ?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...