How should I store Symlin?

Unopened packages of Symlin (pramlintide) should be stored in the refrigerator at temperatures between 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit. Symlin is an injected medication for treating type 1 or type 2 diabetes. It comes in a preloaded pen-injector; once you've used the injector, you can refrigerate it or store it at temperatures of up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 days. Throw it out after that, even if you haven't finished it. You shouldn't freeze this drug or use it if it has been frozen.

Store all medications out of the sight and reach of children.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...