How should I store Symlin?

Unopened packages of Symlin (pramlintide) should be stored in the refrigerator at temperatures between 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit. Symlin is an injected medication for treating type 1 or type 2 diabetes. It comes in a preloaded pen-injector; once you've used the injector, you can refrigerate it or store it at temperatures of up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 days. Throw it out after that, even if you haven't finished it. You shouldn't freeze this drug or use it if it has been frozen.

Store all medications out of the sight and reach of children.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...