How should I store Symlin?

Unopened packages of Symlin (pramlintide) should be stored in the refrigerator at temperatures between 36 to 46 degrees Fahrenheit. Symlin is an injected medication for treating type 1 or type 2 diabetes. It comes in a preloaded pen-injector; once you've used the injector, you can refrigerate it or store it at temperatures of up to 86 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 days. Throw it out after that, even if you haven't finished it. You shouldn't freeze this drug or use it if it has been frozen.

Store all medications out of the sight and reach of children.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...