How should I store Levemir?

Levemir should ideally be stored in the refrigerator and, if it is unopened, can be used up until the date printed on the carton. Never freeze Levemir or use it after it has been frozen. If you are unable to refrigerate this medication, keep it out of sunlight and at room temperature. Do not use Levemir if it has been exposed to extreme heat and do not store it in a hot car. Vials, cartridges, and pens can be used for up to 42 days when not refrigerated. Open vials can be refrigerated or stored at room temperature for 42 days. Open cartridges and pens should not be refrigerated and can be stored at room temperature for 42 days.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...