How should I store Levemir?

Levemir should ideally be stored in the refrigerator and, if it is unopened, can be used up until the date printed on the carton. Never freeze Levemir or use it after it has been frozen. If you are unable to refrigerate this medication, keep it out of sunlight and at room temperature. Do not use Levemir if it has been exposed to extreme heat and do not store it in a hot car. Vials, cartridges, and pens can be used for up to 42 days when not refrigerated. Open vials can be refrigerated or stored at room temperature for 42 days. Open cartridges and pens should not be refrigerated and can be stored at room temperature for 42 days.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...