How should I store my Humulin R?

Unopened Humulin R should be stored in the refrigerator. Do not freeze insulin or use any insulin that has been frozen. If you have an opened vial, pen or cartridge of insulin, store it at room temperature. Once opened, you may keep using Humulin R for 31 days or until the container is empty, whichever occurs first. Once opened, you may keep using Novolin R for 42 days or until the container is empty, whichever occurs first. Monitor the expiration dates on insulin containers and throw away any insulin that is out-of-date. If you have any questions or concerns about insulin storage, ask your doctor or pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how do the diabetes drugs byetta and victoza affect weight ?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
Byetta and Victoza slow down gastric emptying and acts as an appetite suppressant. Both of these mec...
what are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes ?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
does premlintide have any side effects ?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...