How should I store Apidra?

How you store the diabetes drug Apidra (insulin glulisine) will depend on what form you’re using and whether the vial, cartridge or pen has been opened.

If you have unopened Apidra vials, cartridges and pens: Store in the refrigerator away from light. Never freeze the medication, and do not use Apidra vials or pens that have been frozen and thawed. If unopened medication is not kept in the refrigerator, use it within 28 days or discard.

If you have vials that have been opened: You may keep them in the fridge or store them at room temperature (below 77 degrees Fahrenheit), away from direct sunlight and heat, for up to 28 days.

If you have cartridges or prefilled pens that have been opened: Do not refrigerate these. Instead store them at room temperature (below 77 degrees Fahrenheit) away from direct heat and light. Use within 28 days or discard.

If you have infusion sets (reservoirs, tubing and catheters): Discard and replace each infusion set and the medication in the reservoir after 48 hours or after exposure to temperatures above 98.6 degrees.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how do januvia and onglyza help treat diabetes ?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Januvia and Onglyza increase the amount of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) in the body. Under normal...
what is symlin ( pramlintide acetate ) for diabetes ?
Symlin is an injectable medication that's used to help control blood sugar levels in adults with typ...
what are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors ?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...