How should I take Avandia?

Take Avandia by mouth with water, using the same schedule every day. You can take the medication with food or without. Follow your doctor’s directions exactly when you take Avandia. You should receive a MedGuide from your pharmacist each time you pick up your medication. Read the guide carefully every time, in case the information changes. You will also need to check your blood sugar levels regularly and follow your exercise and diet program as directed by your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...