How should I take acarbose?

Acarbose tablets should be taken at the start of each meal. Acarbose can help the body regulate blood sugar levels after you eat by slowing the process that converts carbohydrates into glucose, but you also need to follow your doctor’s dietary and physical activity recommendations to successfully control your type 2 diabetes. Acarbose is sometimes prescribed along with other diabetes medications.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...