How can I minimize the side effects of Tradjenta?

You can minimize the side effects of Tradjenta (linagliptin), a medication for type 2 diabetes, by taking it regularly as directed, following your prescribed diet and exercise program, and checking your blood sugar regularly. You may also reduce your risk for side effects by keeping your doctor informed of all other medications you are taking.

To maintain control of your blood sugar, you may need to change your Tradjenta dose if:
  • you become ill
  • have surgery, including dental surgery
  • experience unusual stress
Call your doctor if your blood sugar levels become too low or too high.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...