How can I minimize the side effects of saxagliptin?

You can minimize the side effects of saxagliptin (Onglyza), a drug used to treat type 2 diabetes, by taking it at the same time each day, as directed. Follow your doctor's instructions for checking your blood sugar to make sure it stays in a safe range. And be sure to keep all appointments for follow-up visits and laboratory tests, which can help your doctor detect any developing side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...