How can I minimize the side effects of glyburide and metformin?

You can minimize side effects from the combination drug glyburide and metformin (brand name: Glucovance) by taking it exactly as your doctor prescribes. Your doctor will probably start you on a low dose of this diabetes drug in order to reduce the risk that you'll develop very low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) or other side effects, which may include stomach pains or diarrhea. He or she will likely tell you to slightly increase your daily dose after two weeks and every two weeks thereafter until you reach the best dose for you. Pay attention to how you feel, and let your doctor know of any symptoms that bother you or don't go away.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...