How does Levemir interact with other medications or foods?

Do not mix Levemir (insulin detemir) with any other insulin or use it in an insulin pump. This medication may negatively interact with some medications including albuterol, beta-blockers, reserpine, clonidine, and guanethidine. Any alcohol use while taking Levemir may lower blood glucose to dangerous levels. Any food or beverage can affect your blood glucose levels, so you should carefully follow the dietary recommendations of your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
A drug called Avandia is widely used to treat diabetes. But is it safe? Watch as Drs. Oz, Steven Nis...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...