How does Duetact interact with other medications or foods?

Duetact may interact with a variety of other medications to cause increase the risk of side effects or cause other adverse effects. For instance, taking Duetact along with Bosentan will reduce the effectiveness of both medications and may cause liver problems. Duetact interacts with certain high blood pressure medications; there is an increased risk of low blood sugar when taken with beta-blockers or angiotension-converting inhibitors and an increased risk of high blood sugar when taken with calcium channel blockers. Other drugs that interact with Duetact include anticoagulants and gemfibrozil. Tell your doctor all prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications you are taking.

There are no known interactions between Duetact and any food, and it can be taken with or without food

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If y...