How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?

Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute insulin throughout the day:

• 40-50% total insulin as the basal dose
• 15-25% before breakfast
• 15% before lunch
• 15-20% before supper
• 0-10%, as needed, to cover a bedtime snack

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

does levemir cure diabetes ?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
No, Levemir does not cure diabetes. However, Levemir is a type of insulin that is used to control an...
when should i call my doctor about problems taking novolin ?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
what is exenatide for diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
what is novolin ?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...