How can I avoid side effects from DiaBeta?

You can avoid or minimize potential side effects of the diabetes drug DiaBeta (glyburide) by following your doctor’s instructions exactly. Do not change or alter your dose without talking to him or her first. Give your doctor a complete list of anything else you take—supplements as well as other medications (prescriptions and over-the-counter).

Other strategies that can help minimize side effects from DiaBeta include maintaining a healthy diet and regular eating schedule and limiting alcohol.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...