How is Amaryl prescribed?

Doctors usually prescribe a low dose of Amaryl (glimepiride) to start, such as 1 milligram (mg) or 2 mg taken once daily with breakfast. Your doctor will want to see how your body responds to this type 2 diabetes drug and will adjust your dose if your blood sugar levels become too low or are not lowered enough. It is important to monitor your blood sugar levels as directed while taking this drug to make sure they stay within safe levels.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...