Is there a generic version of Januvia?

There is no approved generic version of Januvia. The active ingredient in Januvia is sitagliptin phosphate (or sitagliptin), which is sometimes referred to as Januvia’s generic name, but it is not the same as a generic version. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Januvia, which is produced by Merck & Co., Inc., on October 16, 2006. There is no therapeutic equivalent.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...