Is there a generic version of Januvia?

There is no approved generic version of Januvia. The active ingredient in Januvia is sitagliptin phosphate (or sitagliptin), which is sometimes referred to as Januvia’s generic name, but it is not the same as a generic version. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Januvia, which is produced by Merck & Co., Inc., on October 16, 2006. There is no therapeutic equivalent.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If y...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...