There is no approved generic version of Januvia. The active ingredient in Januvia is sitagliptin phosphate (or sitagliptin), which is sometimes referred to as Januvia’s generic name, but it is not the same as a generic version. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Januvia, which is produced by Merck & Co., Inc., on October 16, 2006. There is no therapeutic equivalent.
- Q Is weight loss a side effect of Januvia?
- Q What are the side effects of Januvia?
- Q What should I avoid while taking Januvia?
- Q Is taking januvia with lantus safe?
- Q How should I take Januvia?
- Q Are headaches a side effect of using Januvia with Glucotrol XL?