Is there a generic version of glyburide-metformin?

Glyburide and metformin are the ingredients in a brand name combination drug called Glucovance, which is designed to lower blood sugar in people with Type 2 diabetes. A generic version of Glucovance is sold under the name glyburide and metformin. Glyburide belongs to a class of drugs called sulfonylureas. Metformin belongs to a class of drugs called biguanides.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...