Is there a generic version of Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

Currently there is no generic version of Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone) available. The patent on Duetact expires in 2011, but additional patents may prevent a generic Duetact afterwards.

Note that there are generics being advertised on the internet, but these pills are considered to be substandard and can be potentially dangerous. Wait until an approved generic is available in the marketplace.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...