Is there a generic version of Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone)?

Currently there is no generic version of Duetact (glimepiride and pioglitazone) available. The patent on Duetact expires in 2011, but additional patents may prevent a generic Duetact afterwards.

Note that there are generics being advertised on the internet, but these pills are considered to be substandard and can be potentially dangerous. Wait until an approved generic is available in the marketplace.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...