Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare provider be aware of all medications and supplements taken while being treated with liraglutide.

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...