Does Avandia cause liver problems?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Avandia can cause liver problems, or make existing liver problems worse. Talk with your doctor about any liver problems you have had before you take Avandia. If you take Avandia, your doctor will most likely check your liver function with blood tests before and during treatment. You should be aware of the symptoms of liver problems, and report them to your doctor right away if you experience them. These symptoms include dark urine, yellowing of the eyes or skin, lack of appetite, stomach pain, vomiting or nausea, and unusual tiredness.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
Does Levemir cure diabetes?
Ms. Vandana  R. ShethMs. Vandana R. Sheth
No, Levemir does not cure diabetes. However, Levemir is a type of insulin that is used to control an...