Does Avandia cause bone fractures?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Avandia has been linked with higher incidence of bone fractures in women. Women in clinical studies who took Avandia had more fractures in the arms, hands, lower legs, ankles, and feet than women who did not take Avandia. Talk with your doctor about how to protect your bones if you take Avandia.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...