Can I use miglitol if I am breastfeeding?

You should not take miglitol (Glyset) if you're breastfeeding. Miglitol, a drug used in combination with a healthy diet and regular exercise to treat type 2 diabetes, has been shown to pass through a mother's breast milk in small amounts. If your doctor is considering prescribing miglitol for you and doesn't know you're nursing, tell him or her that you're breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...