Is it safe to use Apidra if I am breastfeeding?

Talk with your doctor if you are considering breastfeeding while taking the diabetes drug Apidra (insulin glulisine). It is not known whether this medicine passes into breast milk or what its effects on a nursing baby would be. Your doctor can help you weigh the risks and benefits of nursing your baby while using Apidra.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...