Can I take pain killers like Tylenol when I'm taking Symlin?

If you are taking pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (better known as Tylenol), take it at least one hour before or two hours after you take your Symlin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter) you are taking. Medicines that you should be sure to mention include:
  • antihistamines 
  • certain mood-elevating drugs
  • laxatives and stool softeners
  • certain medicines for asthma, diarrhea, lung disease, mental illness, motion sickness, overactive bladder, pain, Parkinson's disease, ulcers and upset stomach
Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medicines and/or check you carefully for side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic