Can I take pain killers like Tylenol when I'm taking Symlin?

If you are taking pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (better known as Tylenol), take it at least one hour before or two hours after you take your Symlin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter) you are taking. Medicines that you should be sure to mention include:
  • antihistamines 
  • certain mood-elevating drugs
  • laxatives and stool softeners
  • certain medicines for asthma, diarrhea, lung disease, mental illness, motion sickness, overactive bladder, pain, Parkinson's disease, ulcers and upset stomach
Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medicines and/or check you carefully for side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...