Can I take pain killers like Tylenol when I'm taking Symlin?

If you are taking pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (better known as Tylenol), take it at least one hour before or two hours after you take your Symlin. Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all medicines (both prescription and over-the-counter) you are taking. Medicines that you should be sure to mention include:
  • antihistamines 
  • certain mood-elevating drugs
  • laxatives and stool softeners
  • certain medicines for asthma, diarrhea, lung disease, mental illness, motion sickness, overactive bladder, pain, Parkinson's disease, ulcers and upset stomach
Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medicines and/or check you carefully for side effects.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...