Can I take Tradjenta if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?

It is not known if Tradjenta (linagliptin), a drug that helps control blood sugar levels, is safe for a developing fetus or breastfeeding baby. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or nursing, talk to your doctor about whether the benefits of taking the drug outweigh the risks to you and your baby.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...