Can I still take pramlintide if I am pregnant?

It does not seem likely that pramlintide will cross the placenta and potentially harm your developing baby, but until more research is done you should avoid using this drug during pregnancy. There are many serious complications that can occur with high blood sugar, though, so the safest choice for you and your developing baby is to treat your diabetes with insulin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...